Prague is bound to charm you with its vivid colours, welcoming people, culture & intricate architecture. The magic of Prague lies not only in the town or in its historical town square, but also beyond that. For that Prague Castle did a perfect job in making my love deeper for the town. As I walked through the lanes bypassing the Charles bridge, I didn’t think I’d come to love the castle, but I document each step via my camera. So, here I present my photographic journey through my DIY Prague Castle tour.
Prague Castle Tour – A Photographic Journey for lifelong memories
The Prague castle is one of the most famous tourist attractions from the town considering it is a historical landmark. Before I take you on a virtual photographic Prague Castle tour, I’d like to put some background on facts about Prague Castle.
Facts About Prague Castle
– History – The Prague castle dates back to the 9th century, although, the castle is rumoured to be founded around the 800.
– World Record – The Prague Castle is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, listed under Guinness for the largest castle in the world with over 70,000 sq. meters of area.
– An official residence – The castle once served as an official seat of the Kings & princes and is currently the home to Czech President.
– Churches – The castle has a deep religious history. Various convents were founded here starting from the 10th century. The Prague castle today is home to 4 churches that included St. Vitus Cathedral.
– Palaces – The Prague Castle holds enormous premises with 4 palaces in place, including Old & New Royal Palace, Lobkowicz Palace & Belvedere.
– Museums – The Prague castle houses various museums on the premises which were once convents.
– Towers & Gardens – Just like the others, the castle also houses four towers and eleven perfectly manicured gardens.
– Secured Crown Jewels – The historical Bohemian Crown Jewels are stored with complete security in the St. Vitus Cathedral since the 17th century.
A Photographic Journey Through Prague Castle Tour
The Prague castle is visible from the lower parts of the town making up for a perfect postcard picture. Starting from the Charles Bridge and the Vltava river flowing underneath, the castle charmed me with its beauty.
Way to the Prague Castle
The castle can be reached via trams or you may walk till here as I did my DIY Prague Castle tour. Sure, it will take longer but you will be acquainted with the beauty of the town. And, you may also have as many pit stops for coffee or simply pictures.
St. Vitus Cathedral
The St. Vitus Cathedral left me in awe with its humongous size & gorgeous exteriors.
The Interiors of the St. Vitus Cathedral
The Intricate work of the church
The Doors of the Prague Castle
The immensely beautiful windows –
Some of the gorgeous buildings I spotted during my Prague Castle tour
And the drinking water –
Lastly, nothing can beat the view from the hilltop where the Prague Castle is located –
Also, make sure to follow along on my Instagram account for the latest updates and adventures.
Subscribe to TWC’s monthly newsletter – Promise, no spam! – and get your free download of my personally curated carry-on checklist!
My Favorite Posts –
Here are some of my best travel tips
These are my favorite posts
Follow me on Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration!
Liked my virtual Prague Castle tour? Save it for later…
– The Wanderer